Monday, April 25, 2011

Bamboo Love!

 I love Bamboo! One of my favorite things about my apartment is the bamboo forest behind it. When a piece breaks off, I look for a unique and cool way to use it. It really is as strong as they say it is, and you can do almost anything with it.
       The pictures I am posting today are all pictures that I got off of the internet for inspiration! I can't wait to utilize the bamboo that I have dried out! I will definitely add any project I complete to the My DIY tab as soon as I get one done. I have already used a peice of bamboo as a curtain rod, and built a trellis for my sweet peas that I have been growing. I think the next thing I am going to attempt is the bed! I am not good enough yet to make one like shown in the pics below, but it will definitely be special and look great! I am so excited to be able to begin that project. Its going to take a lot of measuring and probably will in tel some cuts on my fingers, but it will surely be worth it!
The archway, and the birdhouse would be fun projects for a rainy day, not a must do project though, and the video below shows you the view from our bedroom window at seven a.m. I am not sure if you can hear it, but the birds are going crazy with the sun coming up and it almost sounds like a rain forest! SO soothing! Yea I guess you can say bamboo makes this girl happy! =]

p.s. I almost forgot this project that my awesome husband helped me out with below. It is a wreath made out of bamboo and hemp with glass beads spelling out our last name! Like I said I am not great at working with bamboo yet, but it makes me happy! =]







No comments:

Post a Comment