Sunday, April 24, 2011

The touch, the feel, of Fabric

As a child, anytime I would go to my great-grandmother's home, I would dig through her fabric cabinet. All of the remnants that everyone thought she should throw away were like hidden treasures to me. Like these pictures, I want my home to be a place where I am surrounded by soft, colorful, exoticly patterned fabrics.


 I have a body scarf that my mother brought home from aruba hanging at the end of my bed. I love waking up to those colors, and catching a glimpse of it every time I walk through the house. Nate Berkus says we should live beautifully in our own homes, and that my friends is what I intend to do.

My husband and I have our goals set on travel. I can't wait to travel to all of the earths nooks and crannies, and mail the linens I find home to await my arrival. I like finding vintage scarfs at Goodwill and hope to have enough one day to furnish my couch, cuddler, and bed with pillows made of the scarfs. I have always thought when decorating you need to stick to a couple key colors... not anymore! I have so many different patterns and colors all over my tiny apartment, and I love it!

Another thing I like about fabrics are the stories they can tell. I have a bag, that my great-grandmother and I made out of some of her remnants, and I will NEVER get rid of it. I love how we made the bag specifically to fit my bible! HAHA, now I use it to help keep my home organized beautifully! In my next post I hope to show you how being organized can be a beautiful process. Stay tuned, and wrap yourself in fabric!

No comments:

Post a Comment